Sports Injury Management
Osteopaths and Physical therapists are closely involved in the care and wellbeing of athletes including recreational, semi-professional (paid) and professional (full-time employment) participants. This area of practice encompasses athletic injury management under 5 main categories:
- acute care – assessment and diagnosis of an initial injury;
- treatment – application of specialist advice and techniques to encourage healing;
- rehabilitation– progressive management for full return to sport;
- prevention – identification and address of deficiencies known to directly result in, or act as precursors to injury, such as movement assessment
- education – sharing of specialist knowledge to individual athletes, teams or clubs to assist in prevention or management of injury
At Kriston clinic, we provide holistic care to our sports patients by proper evaluation, Osteopathic Assessment, Osteopathic treatment, Physical therapy approach and psychosomatic training. We emphasize the importance of early injury recognition and treatment. Contact our centre for sports injury rehab treatment in Chennai.